The world is a huge – and often times scary – place. Traveling with a group of people with a variety of skill sets can help ease the hardships and fears that come with being a solo globetrotter. But there are so many benefits to traveling solo! Here are my top 10:
- You discover that being alone does not necessarily mean that you are lonely.
- You become better at discerning between those who are genuinely trying to help you and those who want to hurt you. You learn to trust your intuition and will restore your faith in human kindness.
- You make friends beyond the ones you have at home, and they will be the most incredible souls you will ever have the pleasure of meeting.
- You learn to prioritize self-care and your health, because quite frankly, no one is going to be around to remind you.
- You discover that it’s okay to make decisions without input from anyone else. Independence takes on a whole new meaning.
- You don’t have to compromise your travel plans or work around anyone else’s schedule.
- Navigating a new environment and culture on your own will make tackling challenges at home a lot easier.
- You’re more comfortable pushing the boundaries of your comfort zone. Being alone frees you from any judgment and you will end up doing things you normally wouldn’t do.
- You can be whoever you want to be! Your identity or reputation back home won’t get in the way of exploring new things.
- You stop making excuses. You have no one to answer to but yourself and you take ownership for your actions.
What are your reasons to travel alone?