If there was one word to sum up my experience in Barcelona, it would be …
Now, I don’t know much about sports, and I’m not going to pretend I do. I love makeup, fashion, and sparkly, shiny things. My interests are all traditionally feminine pursuits. In other words, I’m a girly girl through and through.
But my experience at the Barcelona futbol game made me realize how sports can bring people together – and what fun it can be to watch! After being surrounded by futbol fanatics, I picked up some tips and tricks to survive a conversation about sports when you know absolutely nothing:
- Find people who are rooting for the same team and react when they do!
- Avoid being critical of any players/teams.
- Learn one story well, and tell it like there’s no tomorrow.
- Don’t wear clothing/hats with team logo (unless you’re wearing it with 500 other SAS-holes!)
- Remember the final score and which team won – that should hold you over for the rest of the conversation.
And if all else fails …
Give up, because honestly nobody really cares. There are plenty of sports fans out there, and if you’re not one of them, the world will still turn.